PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
Effective 1 February 2019
hope.net.ph/jobs/ (the “Site”) is owned and operated by HOPE International Corp. and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
Who we are and how to contact us
The Site is operated by HOPE International Corp. (“We”, “Our” or “Us”). We are registered in the United States. We are a corporation with limited liability.
To contact us, please fill out our Contact Form or telephone our customer service line +1 847-962-9050.
Use of the Site
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site and if you do or if you perform any other unauthorized processing of information on the site it shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions which, in the case of a Customer, shall entitle us to terminate the Services immediately on notice in writing. Further, we reserve the right to suspend provision of the Services to you in circumstances where we reasonably believe that you have performed any unauthorized processing of information. In respect of any personal data accessed or otherwise processed by a Customer as a result of access to the site or the Services, the Customer agrees that it shall be the sole data controller of such personal data for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and, as such, shall be solely responsible for its processing.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to us or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
What’s in these terms?
By using the Site you accept these terms
By using the Site, you confirm that you accept these Jobseeker Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Jobseeker Terms, you must not use the Site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these Jobseeker Terms for future reference.
Object of the agreement and scope of the Services
We offer a variety of career services via the HOPE Network. We want to be your lifelong career assistant. If your life perspective changes, you are developing or reaching for new goals, we offer the right career support. We aim to build a long-lasting relationship, to build a product and a Service, that is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and which enables you to take your life and future in your own hands.
You can use certain Services without registration. The registration of a Basic Membership account will offer you additional functionalities and Services. Premium Membership will offer you even more functions.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Employment Agencies and Employment Business
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply jobseekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable jobseeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a jobseeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorization to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the jobseeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the jobseeker to fulfill the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the jobseeker or the recruiter for the jobseeker to fulfill the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether jobseekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose jobseekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a jobseeker; or,
- make any arrangements for accommodation of jobseekers.
Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce jobseekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a jobseeker you undertake the steps set out in applicable law to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a jobseeker’s suitability for the role.
These could include:
1. If you are a jobseeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorization which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a jobseeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
2. If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the jobseeker and that the jobseeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorization required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a jobseeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where jobseekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorization, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the jobseeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the jobseeker.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
We may make changes to the terms of these terms
We amend these Jobseeker Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these Jobseeker Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Please view the “Effective from” date at the top of these terms to see when it was last revised.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These Jobseeker Terms, their subject matter and its formation are governed by United States law. Any and all proceedings are subject to mandatory, binding arbitration venued in Chicago, Illinois, USA.